Isn't it amazing how God knows exactly what we need when we need it? We couldn't sign up to go to the Marriage Retreat with our church this year because we weren't sure if and when we'd be going to Guatemala, so when we realized that wasn't going to happen just yet, we were a little disappointed. Then Thursday night, at the last minute, another couple couldn't go and graciously gave us their spot--yay!
It was just what we needed...a little time away together, a break from the weight of our wait, and, for me, some really needed insights into where God wants me right now. (Hint: when I say "insights" I really mean "attitude adjustment").
In the middle of all the good things we want to accomplish in our lives, all the areas we know we need to change, and all the relationships we want to work on, it's so easy to forget that we only have one job on this planet. Follow Jesus. That's it. He does the work, He makes the changes, He directs our path. My job is just to follow.
I have a tendency to want to make a plan, find a way, establish a change and I'm constantly frustrating myself. So whether it's keeping our family on a more consistent schedule, finding time to exercise more, or trying to complete an adoption I just need to follow Jesus with complete faith that He who began the good work in us will be faithful to complete it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad you and Jeremy could get away! I'm sure it was well needed and deserved. And I LOVE, love, love that you are writing down funny things the kids say, it helps make it seem like we're not missing out on quite as much being so far away! I look forward to seeing you guys in July... we are seeing right?!
Post a Comment