A few of my (new) favorite things:
My new favorite website to wander:
Call it the ebay of things vintage and homemade...I've wasted a fair amount of valuable time browsing around there lately, but since I'm just browsing, I've wasted no actual money. Who can resist "window-shopping" things like vintage cookbooks and cute crafty stuff?My new favorite household product:

Courtesy of Costco, my new laundry detergent is environmentally friendly, cheaper than the brand I usually buy, doesn't give my sensitive-skinned daughter a rash, and it smells absolutely lovely. I'm sorry but, in my world, that's a miracle product. I rate it right up there with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!
And finally, my new favorite dinner recipe:
Chicken with Green Peppercorn Sauce
(Courtesy of an old copy of Cooking Light magazine from my neighbor)
I'd have posted a picture here, but we ate it too fast for me to take a picture!
(Courtesy of an old copy of Cooking Light magazine from my neighbor)
I'd have posted a picture here, but we ate it too fast for me to take a picture!
Ingredients
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, 4 at 6 ounces each
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorn, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions
- Combine flour and paprika in shallow dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt, dredge in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to pan, cook 5 minutes each side until done. Remove chicken from pan, keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium/high. Add shallots to pan, saute 1 minute.
- Stir in wine, broth and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Serve over chicken.
So, there you have it. I hope you give at least one of these a try, and let me know if you love them as much as I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment