Friday, May 15, 2009

Past and Presents

Last year for Mother's Day, my son made me a present.



I didn't get it until several weeks later when our friends were able to bring it back from their visit to Guatemala, but I love it.

I love that he made it with his own two hands and that I know he spent hours & hours on it.

I love that the nuns had to remind him on more than one occasion to put it away because it was past time to turn off his light and go to sleep.

I love that it doesn't matter one bit that I won't be able to actually wear it because I'm a whole lot taller than the women his teacher had in mind when she cut them out. And I love how loved and proud and happy I feel when one of my kids gives me a present, even if I know I'll never ever use it.

But I especially love the thought of Israel, for the first time in a long time, having a mom to make a school-project Mother's Day gift for.


I got a different kind of present this year for Mother's Day. From my husband, who after 10 years of marriage, knows exactly the kind of presents that make me happy.


I love them because they're going to help us bring home the son who made last year's gift.

Isn't it nice when things come full circle?

1 comment:

The Parsons' blog said...

So excited for you guys!!! We're on pins and needles waiting for the news. What a precious gift Israel made for you too, love it.

OK, and I just had a few good laughs reading the quotes on the side- "tight sox" and "smartness from your father" Hilarious.