Friday, January 15, 2010

Late, as usual

In keeping with my theme of running late, here are a few of my favorite pictures from Christmas.

................................................

A few years ago, Jeremy jokingly told me that all he wanted in his stocking was a Famous Star and a Pepsi. So I got them for him. And he ate them on Christmas morning. Cold. Gross.

Regardless of my personal thoughts on the quality of his Christmas breakfast, I've put a burger and a Pepsi in his stocking every year since, but this year, I decided he deserved an upgrade.

That's right.

Double-double. Animal style.

He was happy.
................................................

As for Israel, on his first Christmas, he embraced all of our American Christmas traditions, right down to "Christmas morning hair."


As well as the classic "grinning-ear-to-ear-while-sitting-on-your-new-bike-in-your-pajamas" picture.

(Which will inevitably become one of the pictures in our family album he wants to steal and burn when he's a little older and he realizes that if a potential girlfriend ever saw a picture like this he'd be done for).
................................................

I love this picture of Kaylee, but it kills me because she looks so darn mature.


For the record, when I look at her, I still see this:


And Maya. Oh, Maya.


She makes the strangest faces.


I won't tell you how, in order to get this nice smiling picture in front of the Christmas tree, I had to threaten that she would not get to go finish her movie or ever watch tv again for the rest of her life if she didn't sit still and she smile nicely already.


Not really.

Kind of.




1 comment:

The Parsons' blog said...

It's letting me leave a comment!! Sean likes Jeremy's Christmas breakfast tradition, his words exactly "that's awesome." gross. :) I love the pictures of your children. Kaylee, indeed, looks way too old and I prefer to look at her like you still do (so cute) and Maya is as cute as ever. I love the bokeh!! Hope you're doing good. Just sent you an email. xx