We are so thankful for all of the family and friends who share our lives...We started this page to make it a little easier to stay connected. Welcome!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Changes
I'm experimenting with changing the blog design...I felt like it needed some color! Since I can be annoyingly indecisive, it might change a few times before I settle on something, so keep checking back to see what we end up with. Feel free to leave comments with your input!
Like the bright colors:) I'm still trying to learn how to do all the blog stuff. Is there another way to get different backgrounds other than the standard ones they offer??Also when I'm downloading pictures on my blog it shrinks them to fit, but it makes the pictures extremely big?? Anyway, I like the colors you picked!!! miss you-darcy
We're glad you're here! We are happy to be able to share with you the trials and triumphs of being an adoptive family. If you're new to our blog or just want to hear the story again, you can read how we began this journey by scrolling down to the Archive or Labels list and clicking on "Our Adoption Story."
Our Family
After two long years, together again!
How It All Began...
This was taken back in 1994, just after we started dating.
Here's a little selection of the funny conversations that happen in our house on a daily basis...
During the very chaotic preparations for our trip to Guatemala: Maya: Whatcha lookin' at Mom? Me: A map. Maya: Of what? Me: Of Guatemala. Maya: So you don't get lost? Me: Yep. Maya: Yeah, because if you got lost and brought home the wrong kid, that would be baaaaaaaaaad.
Human Anatomy, as taught by a six-year-old: Kaylee: Hey mom--if I had six toes instead of five, I could divide them into two equal groups.
Kaylee: Mom, do you know which team we're playing in tee-ball today? Maya: I know who it is! It's the, um...the, um....the Tight Sox!
We were outside watering the garden, and Maya was explaining to me how strawberries grow. When she was done with her explanation she said, "See, Mom, I know all about strawberries. That's cuz I have lots of smartness." To which Kaylee promptly replied, "Yeah, you get that from your father."
Insightful sports commentary from a 4 year old and a 6 year old (at the end of the NCAA basketball championship game): Kaylee (sounding annoyed)--What is going on? Maya (thinking Kaylee was referring to the confetti falling from the ceiling)--They're happy because North Carolina won. Kaylee--No. I mean other teams would have had 100 points by now.
(The facts that Kaylee knows that the winning team of a basketball game usually has around a hundred points and the fact that Maya knew the actual name of the winning team are frightening to me. Really.)
We're working on manners around here, I swear... Me--Who tooted? Kaylee (giggling)--Me. Maya--That smells bad.....Good one Kaylee.
We were having french toast for dinner, and Kaylee went to the kitchen to get another piece. When she brought it back to the table, she needed help putting butter & syrup on, so she said: Can someone help me....um.....decorate this? (Giggling) I don't know what the word is for it!
Maya: Mom, does God laugh? (Short Pause) I mean, when I do something that's funny, does He see me and then laugh? For the sake of space, this section is continued way down at the very bottom of the page.
1 comment:
Like the bright colors:) I'm still trying to learn how to do all the blog stuff. Is there another way to get different backgrounds other than the standard ones they offer??Also when I'm downloading pictures on my blog it shrinks them to fit, but it makes the pictures extremely big?? Anyway, I like the colors you picked!!! miss you-darcy
Post a Comment