I mean, I guess I could have decided to not take Maya to preschool or go to work. Or perhaps I could've skipped the house-cleaning and cookie-making for our Friday night Bible study...
"I'm so glad you could come! Don't mind the toys strewn all over."
"If anyone needs to use the bathroom, watch out for the big smear of glittery toothpaste across the counter. That stuff is a pain to wipe off!"
"Oh, my, would you excuse me while I kick this pile of dirty laundry into the closet?"
"Are you hungry? I think there's a big box of goldfish crackers in the cupboard...can you pass those around for me? If you dig down deep, I think there's also some Cheerios in the couch cushions."
"Have you guys seen my blog today?! You wouldn't believe the pictures I posted...so adorable!"
Somehow I'm thinking that wouldn't go over very well! So, with that said, here's a fun flashback for you. A little late, but very worth it I think...
The Bateman Family blog would like to present to you the most fabulous and flattering first grade school picture ever in the universe:

I love my daughter, and I think she is adorable and precious. But when I saw this picture, I laughed out loud. And when I got it out again to scan it a few minutes ago, I laughed so hard I got tears in my eyes! I am sorry, but it is so bad it is hilarious!
How is this a flashback, you ask? Aaah, patience...we're getting to that.
So, as I laughed hysterically at my poor daughter's picture, a distant memory came to mind of my own embarrassing first grade picture. And then this thought: "I wonder what Jeremy's first grade picture looks like?"
And suddenly, a Flashback Friday idea was born.
After a little digging and an email to my mother-in-law, I now unveil, for the first time in public, two more fabulous and flattering first grade pictures:
Mine first.

I particularly love my home-haircut-gone-wrong-get-her-to-the-salon-to-see-
if-they-can-make-it-better-and-for-heaven's-sake-put-her-in-
a-dress-so-people-can-tell-she's-a-girl
style.
But I must say, I am rockin' that lace collar!
Ok, now Jeremy.

I'm afraid Kaylee must have taken her smiling lessons from her Daddy.
Poor Maya. The tradition has now been established, and two years from now, she doesn't stand a chance!
1 comment:
Oh my word, I just laughed so hard I'm crying...seriously. Love this post and Kaylee looks precious. So funny, I'm still laughing...
I laughed at Stella's picture because I'm not sure what's going on with her no upper teeth smile?! After picture day I asked how it went and she said - it was so hot in there mom and my face was itching. I was like, oh no, what kind of picture can we expect. So considering the circumstances it turned out OK, but I still laughed.
I'm going to have Sean read this post now and let him join in the fun!
Post a Comment