Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Progress & Perspective
Progress...
We got an update from our agency this week that said that our case has moved to the "next level" in PGN. We don't quite know exactly what this means, but from this info we've concluded:
1. We are closer to being done today than we were yesterday, and
2. We've gotten across at least one person's desk without that person kicking us out.
We'll take it! We pray on.
Perspective...
Tonight I was doing dishes after the kids were in bed, and Jeremy came out of our room where he had been doing his devotions. He came to share a verse with me. (I've gotta just stop for a moment and say one thing: when my husband brings me Scripture to encourage me, I find Him positively dreamy!)
Here's what he read:
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:28-29
There are so many things that I get distracted by and worried about, and in the middle of it, I lose perspective. When my focus is on circumstances and finances and schedules and obligations and expectations, I start thinking about what I don't have and forget what I do have: a kingdom that cannot be shaken.
No matter what happens in my life or in my family or in the world, I have been given eternal life as a free gift from my Father who loves me enough to die for me. Wow! If I kept that truth always in front of me, I couldn't help but be overflowing with thankfulness, worshiping God with reverence and awe.
Perspective restored.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is such Awesome news!!! You made my day!!! I really needed that verse today!! We will continue to pray for speedy progression!!! Love to you all- The Centolella's
Post a Comment