In the last few months, I've noticed a bit of an emotional cycle when it comes to waiting for Israel. It's been 7 weeks now since our case entered PGN, and the cycle has been playing itself out according to the usual pattern.
Here's how it goes:
We get some news, and we're super happy. We make projections like "If this step takes X number of weeks and then that step takes X number of weeks, and everything goes well, he could be home by..."
Then some time goes by and we wonder what's going on, but we do a pretty good job of keeping busy and being distracted.
After a while, I start to mentally keep track of how long it's been since our last bit of news, and somewhere in the back of my mind I develop a specific awareness of when the work-week begins and ends. A feeling of let-down comes with every Friday afternoon, and every Monday morning the thought: "Maybe this week."
A few weeks of that leads to the next phase, which is an even more specific awareness every day of the beginning and end of business hours in Guatemala and an increasing feeling of exhaustion mixed with discouragement and intensely missing Israel. At this point, my prayers become pleas and I start to do things like wandering in to sit in Israel's room for no apparent reason or searching on the internet for any, and I mean any, news that relates to Guatemalan adoptions.
This last phase can be ended by either
1. News
or
2. Prayers
Tonight I'm asking for a combo deal: prayers for news.
Good news.
Please pray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment