Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day Budget




Ingredients for Sugar Cookies: 5 Dollars
Making cookies with your kids: Priceless

Ingredients for Frosting: 3 Dollars
Remembering to give your kids their own dishes of frosting so they don't contaminate the whole bowl from repeatedly licking their spoons and/or fingers: Priceless

Flowers from Lowe's to Make a Heart-Shaped Centerpiece: 6 Dollars
Knowing the flowers will be planted in the garden instead of thrown in the trash: Priceless

Valentine Teddy Bear & Valentine Dog: 6 Dollars
Sleeping girls, hugging their Bear & Dog tight: Priceless

2 Packs of Pink Bubblegum: 4 Dollars
Not having to share my own gum: Priceless

Paper Hearts with Notes from Jeremy & the Girls, Hidden All Over the House: Zero Dollars
Life's little surprises: Priceless

Valentine Cookies to Take to Feed the Homeless with Church: 3 Dollars
Teaching our kids about those less fortunate: Priceless

Valentine's Breakfast: Dutch Baby with Strawberries & Homemade Whipped Cream, and Pink Milk for the kids: 9 Dollars
Girls giggling while doing a "toast" to eachother with our fancy glasses: Priceless

Dinner Out Alone with My Valentine: Zero Dollars (Thanks to Grandma!)
Eating dinner at 3:30 in the afternoon to beat the crowds & not at all caring about how old that might make us: Priceless

Walking Around Costco without Any Kids on Valentine's Day and Liking It: Zero Dollars
Not at all caring about how old that makes us: Priceless

Walking Around Costco and not Spending Any Money: Zero Dollars
Going to Costco without spending any money: Priceless!

Total Valentine's Day Budget: 36 Dollars
Time well spent & a grateful heart for my 3 Valentines: Priceless

3 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Well that was priceless to read! So cute. And finally, a picture to go with your post!!! I almost forgot you had two girls at home ;)!

The Parsons' blog said...

I can't believe more people haven't commented on this?!! I just re-read it and had another good laugh...especially the dinner at 3:30 and Costco experiences... OH and the gum...good thinking.

Kristy said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this post -- I enjoyed myself while I was writing it. I laughed. I cried. I was filled with warm fuzzy feelings. My husband and kids keep me endlessly entertained & amused!