Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fun Facts

My friend Darcy "tagged" me on her blog to post 7 random (and somewhat embarrassing) things about myself on here. Since I am a good sport, here goes...

1. I talk on the phone too much. I have been known to spend over an hour, ok, truthfully, two hours, chatting with my sister or my friend Sariah while I do laundry and my normal housework.

2. I am easily startled, and if someone intentionally or accidentally surprises me, I will most likely scream. Loud. My brother used to love this quality and torture me with it regularly.

3. I love Thanksgiving food so much that we have Thanksgiving twice a year. Once in November with all the normal people, and in the spring or summer we have friends over to eat Thanksgiving dinner with us. Even though it's not actually Thanksgiving, I can never resist saying "Happy Thanksgiving" at least once or twice.

4. And speaking of holidays, I love Christmas!! If I am disciplined, I will wait patiently to start listening to Christmas music until after Halloween. But all bets are off if we get a good rainy day in September or October; my brother called me last week and his first question was, "Have you broken out the Christmas music yet?" My all-time favorites: Manheim Steamroller & the cool 80's Amy Grant one with "Tender Tennessee Christmas" and the very 80's, filled with funky synthesizers version of "O Little Town of Bethlehem." My favorite song of all time is "O HOLY NIGHT"--gives me goosebumps every time.

5. (I'm stealing this one from Darcy) My favorite smells: Chocolate, a new box of crayons, Christmas trees, bookstores, dryer sheets, and my hot glue gun. Why the hot glue gun, you ask? Because it reminds me of making crafts at Christmas time. Did I mention that I LOVE Christmas?

6. Oh, here's a good and embarrassing one: I have "movie rules." Here they are:

No sad movies

No animal movies (they're almost always sad)

No blood and guts scary movies

No cliff-hanger ending movies

I know, it's pathetic. I like happy, shallow movies. I also like to know the ending before I watch a movie (themoviespoiler.com is great for that).

Wanna know my all-time favorite movies?
Pride and Prejudice (either the old or the new version...they're both dreamy)
White Christmas (surprised?)
Home Alone (another Christmas movie)
Elf (anyone noticing a theme here?)
And a bunch of other sappy, happy, shallow movies like: Ever After, The Wedding Planner, Never Been Kissed, Hope Floats, etc.

7. Ok. Last one. Ummmmmm. Oh! Here's one: Every once in awhile, I make one of these:

I love decorating cakes and I love the yummy smells of cake and frosting that fill my house for a few days, but I do NOT love the icky sticky mess of dishes that are left at the end of the process. If I could just make the cake and get an assistant to clean up after me, that would be ideal!


So now, if you have just read this, and you have a blog of your own...you're tagged. Post a comment in my comments section with your blog link so I'll get to learn a few random and somewhat embarrassing fun facts about you. It's only fair!

2 comments:

Family said...

Thanx for playing, I love your fun facts!!! I miss you sooo much and look forward to seeing you soon. We are trying to plan a trip down there around Isabelle's birthday in March (possibly surprising her and taking her to Disneyland??) Do you guys still have your season passes, We should try to plan it with you and the Leffels?? Let me know. Missing and Praying for you all!!!!!

The Parsons' blog said...

So I don't know what happened, but I am seeing this post for the first time. I suppose that means I have to play...we'll see ;) But your cake is BEAUTIFUL! Love it. What a great talent you have! Oh and I can just imagine the yummy smell in your house when you have one of those master pieces baking away. Cake candles don't do it justice! Praying for you guys! Oh and I heard you all drew names, who do we have???