A lot of my posts about Israel are discouraged posts, but tonight I'm posting to say that we had a great conversation with Israel tonight!
When we talked to Israel tonight, he sounded like he was in a very good mood. He was unusually... let me think of the best word...chatty. Yes, chatty.
Usually only a few of our questions spark more than a one or two word response, but tonight, every question was that way. We usually get a lot of "I don't know" when we ask about what he did today or in the last week, but tonight he rattled off a whole list of things he had been doing. He was talking so much I wished my Spanish was better so I could ask him even more questions and tell him even more about what we've been doing!
It was nice!
I was able to tell him that we've made some progress with our case this week, and he sounded excited. I explained what else needs to be done, and I told him that, although we can't be sure, we hope to be done in the next few months. We usually don't say much about our case because we don't want to give him false hope, but I felt like he needed a little encouragement that we are still working and there is progress. My prayer is that we are able to get him even sooner than the time-frame I so tentatively suggested to him tonight!
So there you have it. A good report. We are thankful that God provides gifts like these in the middle of a process that can be so discouraging. He knows just what we need!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So I was hoping for a flashback today... maybe it'll be a flashback Saturday? :) Hope you all are doing good!
Post a Comment